This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on adding a voice authoring mashup to your post or assignment.
If your discussion or assignment makes use of a content editor, and your instructor enabled voice authoring mashups for this course, you can add embed a voice message in your discussion post or assignment.
- In the content editor, type the text you want to include with your voice message.
Blackboard strongly recommends you type and edit any other content before you add a voice authoring message. Moving the mashup icon, or even editing text on either side of it, runs the risk of breaking the link to the voice authoring playback applet.
- Place your cursor in the location where you want to add a play button for your voice message.
- Click Mashups and select Blackboard Collaborate Voice Authoring from the drop-down list. The Voice Authoring page opens in a new browser window or tab.
If the content editor is in simple mode, you will not see the Mashups function. Click the show more () function—represented by a double chevron in the top right corner of the content editor—to access the Mashups function.
- Enter a descriptive title for your voice authoring mashup.
- Use the recording applet to record your message. To learn how, see Recording and Playback Applets.
To listen to the voice message in your content, others simply click the Play button that appears in your mashup.
To Learn More
To learn more about using the content editor, see Content Editor.