This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on adding a voice authoring mashup to a content editor.
You can embed a voice message in other content by creating a voice authoring mashup in any content that uses the content editor. For example, you can create a voice authoring maship in a blank page, item, email, discussion board, journal, test or announcement.
Students can add voice authoring mashups to assignments and discussion boards only, provided you have enabled voice authoring mashups.
- Access course content that makes use of the content editor.
- In the content editor, type the text you want to include with your voice message.
Blackboard strongly recommends you type and edit any other content before you add a voice authoring message. Moving the mashup icon, or even editing text on either side of it, runs the risk of breaking the link to the voice authoring playback applet.
- Place your cursor in the location where you want to add a play button for your voice message.
- Click Mashups and select Blackboard Collaborate Voice Authoring from the drop-down list. The Voice Authoring page opens in a new browser window.
If the content editor is in simple mode, you will not see the Mashups function. Click the show more () function—represented by a double chevron in the top right corner of the content editor—to access the Mashups function.
Enter a descriptive title for your voice authoring mashup.
- Use the recording applet to record your message:
To learn more, see Recording and Playback Applets.
To listen to the voice message in your content, others simply click the Play button that appears in your mashup.