This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on using voice tools.
Use the following steps to play and subscribe to a podcast in a content area.
The steps for using the voice podcaster on the Tools page are very similar and not covered in this topic. The main difference is that, from the Tools page, you will be able to see a list of all existing voice podcasts created from that tool.
- Click the link in a voice podcaster tool.
The voice podcaster window opens. The episodes are ordered from most recent at the top to oldest at the bottom.
By default, students are not permitted to contribute content to podcasts. If you see a button called New, you will be able to add content.
- Optionally, select any of the following options from the Options drop-down menu:
- Select Play on Click to play the podcast episodes automatically when you click an episode. You will not need to click the play button in the playback applet.
- Select Continuous Play to listen to the entire podcast, without needing to play each episode individually. Episodes play from top to bottom, starting with the first episode selected and ending with the last episode in the podcaster.
- Subscribe to the podcast by doing one of the following:
- Click Subscribe to subscribe to this podcast in your default podcast reader application.
- To use a different podcast reader, such as iTunes or Juice, drag the Subscribe button into the podcast reader application.
- Click the RSS Feed button; a new window opens. Copy the URL that appears in the address bar and paste it into your preferred podcast reader application.
Once you have subscribed, your podcast reader application automatically downloads new messages created within the voice podcaster tool.
Subscriptions apply only to a single instance of the voice podcaster. If your course has more than one voice podcast, you must subscribe to them each individually.