This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on using voice tools.
Use the following steps to view and comment on a presentation in a content area.
The steps for using the voice presentation on the Tools page are very similar and not covered in this topic. The main difference is that, from the Tools page, you will be able to see a list of all existing voice presentations created from that tool.
- Click the link in a voice presentation tool.
The voice presentation applet opens in a new tab or window, with the web content on the right. Comments on slides are organized under the slides in threads.
Screen capture used with permission."The Strongest Oak Foundation." The Strongest Oak Foundation. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Aug. 2014.
- Optionally, select any of the following options from the Options drop-down menu:
- Select Play on Click to play the voice components of presentation slides automatically when you click a slide. You will not need to click the play button in the playback applet.
- Select Continuous Play to listen to the entire presentation, without needing to play the audio content of each slide individually. When Continuous Play is enabled, slides play from top to bottom, starting with the first slide selected and ending with the last slide in the voice presentation. Only visible, non-collapsed, content will play. To listen to vocal content of all comments, select Expand All.
- Select Expand All to expand all comments under slides. This enables you to view an entire voice presentation all at once. This feature is especially useful in conjunction with the Continuous Play feature.
- Select Collapse All to restore the voice presentation to its original, collapsed state.
- Select Refresh to load new content added into the voice presentation. Each time you access a voice presentation, it loads the most up-to-date content. However, if you leave the voice presentation open for an extended period of time, refresh the voice presentation periodically to review any updates made since you first opened the presentation.
- Do any of the following:
- Click a slide to view its content. If the play button is active, and you did not select the Play on Click option, click the play button to listen to the voice message.
- Click New to contribute a new slide in the Compose window. Your message starts a new thread.
- Click Comment to respond to a message in the Comment window. Your message is added to a thread under the original message.
The Compose Window
- Enter a relevant title for your slide in the Subject field. This field is required. It appears as the title of your slide in the voice presentation.
- Enter the web address for your visual media following the http:// prompt. You may point to any content that is web-based, such as a PDF or Flash file, not just web sites.
- Use the recording applet to record your voice message. To learn how, see Recording and Playback Applets.
- Enter the text you want to accompany your voice message, if any, in the large text field at the bottom of the Compose window.
- Click Post.