Looking for more information about Chegg Study? Go to the Chegg Study overview page.
Chegg Study Partner Cloud Integration Building Block
- Release date: December 22, 2014
- Default state: Enabled
- Dependencies: Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12 or later and other items
Chegg Study is a leading provider of self-directed learning tools for college and high school students. Students can access premium content and personal help from subject matter experts for their toughest assignments in math, science, engineering, the humanities and more. Chegg Study provides step-by-step help for over 9,000 textbooks and students can connect with an online tutor 24/7 for a personalized lesson. 87 percent of students said Chegg Study helped them better understand their homework and 75 percent said it better prepared them for exams.
Chegg Study's self-directed learning solutions will now be available for students to use directly from within the Blackboard learning environment. Universities leverage Blackboard solutions to create collaborative learning environments for students and provide a platform where instructors can create and assign projects, keep track of lesson progress by student, and assist students in their coursework.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12 or later
- Partner Cloud Building Block v.888 (released Dec 2014)
- Cloud Services
- The Blackboard Learn environment reachable by the external Cloud Services through any firewall or security software
- Links to Chegg Study products (Textbook Solutions, Q&A, & Tutoring) can be made available by instructors for students in a Blackboard (Bb) Learn course.
- Instructor Auto-provisioning: there is no need for instructors to create any account to add links.
- Single Sign-on: Once a student user access a Chegg Study link and pairs his/her account with a Chegg Study account, he/she will be signed into Chegg Study automatically on subsequent visits.
- Flexible, Contextual Link Placement: Instructors can arrange Chegg Study links as they see fit, such as next to assignments and assessments, and maintain control over how they deliver Chegg Study content to students.
- Compliance with student data privacy laws, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), ensures sensitive student information remains protected and secure.
- User Tools provide instructors and students with one location within their Bb Course to learn more about Chegg Study or access support resources.
More on activation and set up in the Chegg Study Partner Cloud Integration Admin Guide (available in English only)
Disabling or removing the Building Block
Instructors and students will no longer be able to access Chegg Study from their courses.
- Instructors can add links to courses.
- Students can see and use the linked material for study.