This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on HMH Portfolio.
SchoolChapters is now HMH Portfolio by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
The only ePortfolio platform to span the education spectrum – from Pre-K through Career, HMH Portfolio provides innovative solutions, services and resources that enable educators, learners and professionals to easily collect, reflect and showcase educational and learning achievements as well as manage their professional identity.
HMH Portfolio provides users across an institution, from administrators to students, the ability to easily create portfolios around the objectives that matter to them. Whether you are managing and assessing student learning outcomes, working to align evidence to key standards for accreditation or concerned with employability, HMH Portfolio meets your needs with ease – all within the Blackboard Learn™ platform.
HMH Portfolio and Blackboard Learn
HMH Portfolio provides institutions with one solution that easily aligns data to any outcome, standard or objective, while also providing a rich student centered experience. Combined with an advanced Blackboard Learn integration, the result is highly-accessible data available for tracking, reporting and employability.
Key Features and Benefits
- Deep integration: Single sign-on, assignment synchronization and gradebook integration allow instructors and students to manage all portfolio processes from within Blackboard Learn.
- Complete portability: Students benefit unlimited cloud-based storage and the ability to manage their portfolio inside and outside of the LMS, from institution to institution and post-graduation.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface: Sleek, modern display enables easy uploading, tagging, alignment and sharing of data. Evidence can be featured in multiple portfolios and shared on social networks, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Web-based technology and responsive design ensure a superior experience inside and outside Blackboard Learn and across all browsers and mobile devices. In addition, students can work on portfolios offline through a free mobile app.
- Support for standards, rubrics and badges: HMH Portfolio supports formative, summative, authentic, direct, competency-based and standards-based assessment. Users can grade on preloaded VALUE Rubrics, imported rubrics or custom rubrics. Instructors can also create and distribute digital badges to further demonstrate learning achievement.
- Security and privacy: Role-based permissions restrict access to data based on user type, context and relationship.
For which versions of Blackboard Learn is the integration available?
The HMH Portfolio Partner Cloud integration is available for clients that currently license Blackboard Learn 9.1, Service Packs 10 and higher. The integration is also available via a Building Block for institutions licensing Blackboard Learn 9.1, Service Packs 6 through 9.
Is there a cost to use the HMH Portfolio integration?
Clients may download and install the HMH Portfolio integration via the Partner Cloud at no cost. However, a license must be purchased in order for students to utilize the HMH Portfolio integration with Blackboard Learn. Institutional, department/program or student licensing options are available. Pricing bands will vary depending upon the licensing model: institutional, departmental or student.
How do students purchase access to HMH Portfolio?
Currently, for student-pay licensing models, students will purchase access codes to HMH Portfolio at their school bookstore (physical cards with access codes are issued; digital access codes can be distributed as well). HMH Portfolio does have ecommerce capabilities as well, but the enablement of this functionality is handled on an account-by-account preference, as most schools prefer students to use the bookstore so they can apply financial aid towards the purchase. This capability is not currently offered via the HMH Portfolio ecommerce functionality.
Where can I learn more about HMH Portfolio?
Additional information about HMH Portfolio is available at www.blackboard.com/schoolchapters.