This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on Macmillan Higher Education.
Macmillan Higher Education publishes both print and digital course materials in over 17 discipline areas in the United States and Canada, and is known for high quality content, innovative pedagogy and award winning design. Macmillan Higher Education’s academic imprints include Bedford/St. Martin’s, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, and Hayden-McNeil.
Blackboard Learn and Macmillan Higher Education
Blackboard and Macmillan Higher Education have formed a premier partnership to provide seamless access to Macmillan Portal and Class content directly within the Blackboard Learn platform. With the Macmillan Higher Education Integration, you can customize yourcourses to reflect your specific teaching goals and improve student engagement. You can easily select the high quality content you need, customize it to meet the needs of each course, and assign it at the chapter and asset level within their Blackboard Learn course.
Features and Benefits
- Seamless Access: Single sign-on provides you and your students with the convenience of one login for all course resources.
- One Gradebook, Automatically Updated: Grades for all Macmillan assignments and assessments automatically post to the Blackboard Learn Grade Center, giving you and your students one destination to monitor class performance.
- Deep Linking: Chapter and asset-level linking functionality allows you to link to the Macmillan content that matches your specific course needs, ensuring students have easy access to the right learning resources at the right time.
- Familiar Workflows: Access to Macmillan content within the course content area makes it easy for you to find and adopt content within your native Blackboard Learn workflow.
- Student Data Privacy: Student information remains secure and private.
What Macmillan digital products are available through the integration?
- Macmillan Portals: W.H. Freeman and Worth’s Portals offer the ultimate in innovation, convenience, and affordability. Covering the sciences and social sciences, each Portal combines a fully customizable eTextbook, a wealth of media resources, and a wide range of assessment and course management features.
- Macmillan Classes: With a focus on the humanities, Bedford/St. Martin’s Classes are shaped by the needs of each discipline and come preloaded with innovative digital content including a fully customizable eTextbook, documents, images, audio, and a full assessment suite to allow professors to monitor student progress.
How do I get started with the integration?
After the Partner Cloud Building Block is installed and the Macmillan integration configured, you can add Macmillan content to your courses via the Partner Content tab in any Content area of your Blackboard Learn course. The first time you attempt to add Macmillan content, you will be prompted to register with your Macmillan account to associate your Macmillan course with your Blackboard Learn course. Moving forward, this association will provide single sign-on for you and your students in the course, direct access to Macmillan content, and grade synchronization with the Blackboard Grade Center.
The following resources are available to help you get started:
Who do I contact with questions?
Your Macmillan sales rep will be able to assist you with any questions regarding the Macmillan integration.