This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on creating portfolio templates.
Administrators can define templates for portfolios. Portfolio templates define the structure and style of portfolios, leaving it to users to populate the portfolio with appropriate artifacts. Templates are useful for applying a standard structure to ensure that user portfolios meet the educational goals for the portfolio.
When creating portfolios, users can select a template.
How to Create a Personal Portfolio Template
- On the Administrator Panel in the Content Management section, click Portfolios.
- Click Personal Portfolio Templates.
- Click Create Template.
- Provide a name for the template. This name appears to users as a choice for templates when creating a personal portfolio.
- Provide a title for the portfolio. The title appears at the top of the portfolio. Optionally, provide a description and instructions.
- Define the template content settings and availability.
- Click Submit. The template is created.
- Access a template's contextual menu and click Build the Template.
- Options for editing the template properties, defining the portfolio styles, and defining the portfolio pages appear. When defining the portfolio style or pages, administrators can determine users' ability to edit or add to those settings.
- Finish defining the template using the following options. The following table describes the available fields.
Portfolio Options Field Description Select Layout Theme Layouts Select a layout to define the position of contents and navigation items in the portfolio. Allow Recipient to edit If this check box is selected, portfolio template recipients can change the background of their portfolios. Design Background Background Color Select a background color from the swatch menu. Background Image Select the box if no image is to be displayed. New Background Image Browse for a new background image. Allow recipient to edit If this check box is selected, portfolio template recipients can change the background of their portfolios. Font Settings Default Font Select a default font from the drop-down list. Assign a point size and a color. Default Font Preview The default font preview is for display only. Allow recipient to edit If this check box is selected, portfolio recipients can change the default font settings of their portfolios. Page Title Font Settings Click to open the Page Title Font Settings section. Page titles appear at the top of pages in the portfolio unless they are hidden. Select Use Template Defaults to use the default font for titles. Select Customize Page Title Font Settings to change the default font. Page Headings Font Settings Click to open the Page Headings Font Settings section. Page headings appear on portfolio pages unless they are hidden. Select Use Template Defaults to use the default font for headings. Select Customize Page Heading Font to change the default font. Style Navigation Menu Preview Previewing menu items is for display only. Style Click Text or Buttons for the style display. Menu Font Click Use Template Defaults or Customize Navigation Menu Font. For Customize Navigation Menu Font, select a background color and font options. Allow Recipient to Edit If this check box is selected, portfolio recipients can change the style navigation menu of their portfolios.
- Click Submit.