This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on Qwickly.
Qwickly is a productivity platform for Blackboard Learn. With Qwickly, faculty can make courses available, send emails, post announcements, and post content to multiple courses at once. Qwickly connects students together, facilitating group interaction. Qwickly also allows institutions to connect cloud storage partners to Blackboard. Faculty and students can add documents from DropBox, Google Drive, and OneDrive, link to files and add files to content areas and assignments.
How Can Qwickly Be Deployed?
Self Hosted: The Qwickly building block is available in the extensions library (http://www.blackboard.com/partnerships/extensions.aspx). Customers can also download and install Qwickly directly from http://www.goqwickly.com/bbpartner/. The site administrator enables the Qwickly building block. Qwickly provides license key, which the customer can enter to start using the Qwickly Cloud service.
Managed Hosting: The Qwickly building block is available in the extensions library (http://www.blackboard.com/partnerships/extensions.aspx). Customers can also download and install Qwickly directly from http://www.goqwickly.com/bbpartner/. Once installed, open a Behind-the-Blackboard ticket to do a rolling restart of all the app servers to get the full update.
Complete these instructions to install and activate your Qwickly learning block.
Access http://www.goqwickly.com/bbpartner/ for download and instructions.
- Download a valid copy of Qwickly.
- Upload the Blackboard Building Block into your instance of Blackboard Learn using the System Admin tab > Building Blocks > Installed Tools.
- Click Upload Building Blocks and choose the Qwickly building block you downloaded.
- Set the building block as Available.
- Restart the server to allow for all permissions.
- Go to the Qwickly Settings area under the System Admin pane of Learn. When you first enter the system settings, it will prompt you to create a Qwickly ID.
- Use the Qwickly ID to initiate the license and choose Blackboard K-12 from the drop-down.
- On the new screen, enter the information for your system administrator or contact information.
Note that an invoice is generated, but the license is valid for 99 years and there is no charge.
- Once you have initiated the Qwickly license, configure Qwickly.
Watch the Configuring Qwickly Settings video.
Visit the System Admin tab, find the Tools and Utilities section, then and locate Qwickly Settings. Select the tools you want to include, set your semester code and click Submit.
You MUST configure the tool before using it. If you are upgrading the tool, you must still go in to Qwickly settings after installation and SAVE the settings, even if nothing has changed.
- Qwickly+Cloud: To initiate the cloud connectors, go the Support tab and request the cloud connectors for each service. This will typically take 24 hours.
- Semester Code: An optional string of text that targets specific sets of courses. For instance, if you want Qwickly to only apply to courses with course IDs that start with 2013SU, enter that into the Semester Code block. Semester codes can come at the beginning, end or even in the middle of the course ID. If you leave Semester Code blank, Qwickly's tools will apply to all courses.
- Qwickly Tools: Select the tools available. Available tools will be seen by faculty and students. Students only see Submit Assignment, Email Instructor, and Email Group Members.
Deploy Qwickly+Cloud as Module
Watch the Deploy as a Module video.
- Locate the Qwickly module by going to Tabs and Modules > Modules.
- Edit the properties of Qwickly:
- Make the module available to the appropriate users. Typically, you just have to make it available at the system level.
- Clear the Allow Asynchronous Loading option.
- Click Submit.
- Deploy the Qwickly module as you would any other module on your Home tab.
Blackboard recommends deploying Qwickly in the top left position of your home tab.
Deploy Qwickly+Cloud as Tool
You can deploy Qwickly+Cloud as a tool on the main tab of Blackboard. This deployment is most set by non-community system schools or those schools that use the tool panel.
Watch the Deploy as a Tool video.
- Go to Tabs and Modules > Tool Panel.
- Click Add Tool.
- Give the tool a Title and select Qwickly from the tool select menu.
Initiate Cloud Connectors
To initiate cloud connectors such as Google Drive, DropBox, Box, and OneDrive, visit the Support Tab and select the cloud connectors to initiate.
It typically takes 24 hours to complete the request due to the hosting providers approval process.
Deploy Qwickly as Course Tool
Watch the Turning on Qwickly Tools in Courses video.
- Go to System Admin tab > System Settings > Tools.
- Find Qwickly on the list, and turn all the options to ON for courses. Set for New and Existing Courses.
- Click Submit.
- Check a course by entering a content area (such as Course Documents) and selecting Build Content > Upload Cloud Content.
Qwickly utilizes a number of Blackboard web services which must be turned on for Qwickly to access. If you run across an error that includes a message with a .WS, chances are the web services for that item are not available to Qwickly. These errors would look similar to the following:
operation Announcement.WS.createCourseAnnouncements is invalid
[WSFW005]Attempt to use a tool-only method (CourseMembership.WS.getCourseRoles) when authenticated as a user
Turn on the Web Services
- Go to the Blackboard System Admin tab and go to Web Services under the Building Blocks section.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Announcement.WS and choose Operations.
- Next to createCourseAnnouncements, createOrgAnnouncements, make sure the restrictions are set to Permit Any Authorized Access.
Use the error message you receive to target the specific web service you need to turn on.