This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on adding a profile picture.
You can upload a profile image that is used to represent you throughout the system and within the greater Blackboard academic network.
Your personal image appears in the page header, people tool, blogs, journals, discussions, wikis, and roster. Your profile avatar also appears in the notifications modules—What's New, Needs Attention, and To Do—which may appear on the My Institution tab or on a course's home page.
The image you upload to your profile page overwrites any other avatar images you have with your user account.
How to Add a Profile Avatar
You can upload an image of yourself to your profile or change your existing profile image. Images must be less than 5 megabytes in size and at least 50 x 50 pixels in dimension. Acceptable file formats include GIF, PNG, JPG, and JPEG.
Follow the steps on the page you see.
- Click the arrow next to your name in the page header to access the global navigation menu.
- Click the empty profile image or your existing image to access your profile.
- On the profiles page, click the Settings & Privacy link.
- The Settings & Privacy section appears in the right panel. Click Change Picture to upload an image from your computer.
- Click Save.
Not Updated Profiles
- On the profiles page in the right panel, click Change Picture to upload an image from your computer.
- Click Submit.