Building Block Name: eXplorance bluepulse
Date Released: April 30, 2014
Minimum Learn Version
Blackboard Learn 9.1 April 2014
In Blackboard Learn April Release, the eXplorance bluepulse™ Building Block is bundled and available for free to all higher education institutions. Bluepulse is an open social platform that directly ties student input to classroom improvement. By offering a collaborative communication channel, bluepulse allows students the opportunity to make daily suggestions about what can be improved in the classroom. Instructors can review suggestions and publish learning improvement opportunities each day that are in line with course objectives. Students can then vote on which learning opportunities are most impactful to them, giving instructors a way to gauge student expectations and allowing them to achieve their objectives throughout the semester. Features and functionality in bluepulse include:
- Customizable size and color of student and instructor tile views.
- Ability for instructors to publish new opportunities or revisit popular ones to assess improvement.
- Importing custom themes and rating scale icons to suit the look and feel of the institution.
- Daily suggestion and voting capabilities to engage students and instructors.
- Track improvement over the course of the semester with easy to read graphs and charts.
- Students can make suggestions for classroom improvement.
- Instructors and review and publish suggestions.
To learn more, see Roles and Privileges.