This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your institution controls which tools are available.
DirectSubmit generates SafeAssign reports on papers not uploaded to an assignment using the SafeAssign service. You can use DirectSubmit to add papers to the institutional database. Whenever possible, Blackboard advises creating assignments with the SafeAssign submission option selected.
DirectSubmit isn't integrated with the Grade Center.
In one session using DirectSubmit, you can submit a single paper or submit multiple papers in a single ZIP file. DirectSubmit cannot process files that are larger than 10 MB.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and select SafeAssign.
- Select DirectSubmit. A list of folders and papers appears. This list includes papers already uploaded through DirectSubmit. We recommend not deleting files from DirectSubmit because this deletes them from the institutional database of existing materials.
- Navigate to a folder where you want to upload the paper or ZIP file.
- Select Submit a Paper.
If you receive an error that you aren't logged in, check your browser settings. Your browser settings should allow third party cookies and website data.
- Select Upload File and browse for the files. Or, select Copy/Paste Document and add the document text in the box.
- Select the upload options:
- Submit as Draft: SafeAssign reports are generated, but the papers are not added to the institutional database and isn't used to check other papers.
- Skip Plagiarism Checking: Adds the papers to the institutional database without checking for content copied from other sources. Use this option to upload papers from an earlier course to ensure that current students are not reusing work.
- Select Submit.
DirectSubmit shared folders are viewable by anyone with access to the DirectSubmit tool through your course. With shared folders, multiple instructors and teaching assistants can view submissions related to a course.
You can also use private folders to manage papers. Your private folders follow you and are available in any course where you have instructor-level privileges.