This information applies only to the Original experience. Your institution controls which tools are available.
Within Course Files, you can create new items using the editor. These items are called HTML objects and they are a type of reusable content. If your institution has access to the content management features, you can create other types of reusable content also.
You can link an HTML object to one or more locations in your course as a file attachment. You can change an HTML object stored in Course Files and the change is reflected in all instances where the HTML object is linked in your course.
- Select the Course Files folder where you want to create the HTML object.
- Select Create HTML Object.
- On the Create Reusable Object page, type a name, which becomes the file name in Course Files.
- Type information in the Content box. You can use the editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. Any files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files in the top-level folder.
- Select Submit. The HTML object appears in the selected folder in Course Files. The system adds the .html extension to the HTML object file name in Course Files.
If you delete a link to an HTML object in your course, it's not deleted from Course Files. The link to the HTML object in your course is deleted. To delete an HTML object from your course completely, you need to delete it from Course Files. If the object is linked in your course, a warning message appears to alert you that the deletion will introduce broken links. You can view the 360° view report to see where the file is linked before you continue the deletion.