This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your institution controls if the Blackboard Store and Blackboard Bookshelf are available.
The integrated Blackboard virtual bookstore allows you to search for and adopt course materials. Students can see a comprehensive list of all necessary course materials and make purchases from directly within the Blackboard Learn platform. The Blackboard Store Building Block provides three tools:
- Course Materials Hub: A faculty center for researching course materials, collecting digital and physical resources into adoption lists, and sharing those lists with students and colleagues. The Course Materials Hub is available to all clients, whether or not they have an agreement in place with the Blackboard Store to provide their course materials.
- Blackboard StoreTM Commerce: Presents students with a list of their course materials available for purchase.
- Blackboard BookshelfTM: Allows students to access and organize course materials, even after the course ends. Includes an advanced e-Reader, digital bookshelf, and mobile compatibility. Students can view books they purchased within the Blackboard Store here.
You can check Behind the Blackboard for the latest information on supported Service Packs and Releases.
Visit the Instructor Guide to learn more.
The Blackboard Store provides you with rich functionality for research, discovery, and adoption of course materials through the Course Materials Hub.
If your institution doesn't have an agreement in place with the Blackboard Store to provide course materials, you will still be able to search for resources, collect a set of course materials, and share your list with colleagues and students with public links. If your institution does have an agreement with the Blackboard Store and has the commerce feature turned on, you can pair your course materials list with a Blackboard course. Students find their course materials automatically presented to them when they enter the Blackboard Store.
You can find the Course Materials Hub on the Institution Page, the global navigation panel, the Tools panel, and Course Tools panel.
You need to accept the terms of service to access the Course Materials Hub.
- The main page of the Course Materials Hub appears differently if you have entered a profile image and personal data.
- Search for an ISBN, title, author, or a keyword to find your course materials.
- After you find an item, select if the material is required or optional.
- Use Select and Continue to add the item to your list. Each time you select an item, you can add it to an existing list or create a new list.
- Next, you have multiple options in the What's Next section:
- Edit the contents of a list.
- Copy a list and connect it to another course.
- Archive a list to use later.
- Delete a list.
- Email a list.
- Export a CSV file with the books and related information from your list.
- Select Copy Link to create a public link to share your list. You can add this link in your syllabus or any area in your course to share the list of materials with students.
- Print a list.
- View in Store shows you what students will see.
- If your institution has commerce—Blackboard Store—turned on, your final step is Make a Purchase Request. You can't delete a request after you submit one as the Blackboard Store needs time to get materials ready for your students to purchase. Complete all fields in the request.
The CRN you entered must match a CRN that has been provided to the Blackboard Store by the institution’s SIS during onboarding. A list of matching CRNs appears when you enter a CRN. If an adoption list will be used for multiple Blackboard courses, you need to enter only one of the CRNs. The Blackboard Store will bundle the courses during the onboarding process.
- After the Blackboard Store has approved your request, students will see the list of courses they're enrolled in. They can see if the course material list is ready. A message appears if a course's list isn't ready yet.