- Blackboard and Cengage Learning
- Cengage Learning Building Block
- Cengage Learning iLrn Partner Cloud Integration
Blackboard has partnered with Cengage Learning to provide seamless access to Cengage digital content directly in your Blackboard Learn course, making delivering your course easier and more convenient, saving you time, and helping you create an even better course experience for your students.
Blackboard and Cengage Learning have partnered to streamline access to digital solutions and content within Blackboard Learn. Together, we are making it easier to access Cengage Learning’s digital products inside Blackboard Learn courses.
The Cengage Learning Building Block works with Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 SP 5 and later.
- Seamless access: Single sign-on provides you and your students with the convenience of one login for all course resources.
- One gradebook, automatically updated: Grades for all Cengage Learning assignments automatically post to the Blackboard Learn Grade Center, giving you and your students one destination to monitor class performance.
- Direct content links: Deep linking functionality allows you to link to the Cengage Learning content that matches your specific course needs, ensuring students have easy access to the right learning resources at the right time.
- Familiar workflows: Access to Cengage Learning content within the course content area makes it easy for you to find and adopt content within your native Blackboard Learn workflow.
- Student data privacy: Student information remains secure through full compliance with student privacy standards, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Your Blackboard administrator can download and install the Cengage Learning Building Block, at no cost. After the Building Block has been installed and configured, you can add Cengage content to your Blackboard Learn courses. In any content area, select Content Market from the Partner Content menu. Select Cengage Learning from the menu of available publisher content.
The first time you attempt to add Cengage content, you will be prompted to register or log in to your Cengage account. Moving forward, this association will provide single sign-on for you and your students in the course, direct access to Cengage content, and grade synchronization with the Blackboard Grade Center.
Have questions about your account, registration, or general faculty support? A member of the Cengage Learning support team is available to help.
Leverage the expertise of educators from around the country who enthusiastically use Cengage Learning’s digital solutions in innovative and effective ways and want to share their experiences. Faculty Partners will consult with you about how to use that solution to meet course objectives, learning outcomes or other goals, such as increased student engagement and retention.
Your Cengage Learning consultant is ready to help you with whatever you need.
Cengage Learning iLrn is an all-in-one diagnostic, tutorial, assessment, assignment, and course management system that saves instructors time and enhances students’ language learning experience. Everything students need to master the skills and concepts of the course is built right into this online system, including an interactive diagnostic study tool, an interactive media-enhanced ebook, student activities manual (Heinle eSAM), video, partner and group voice-recorded activities, grammar tutorial videos, and more. With its easy-to-use interface, instructors can set up an entire term’s work in minutes; assign audio-enhanced tests and activities; upload, share, and rate videos and other materials via Share it!; access students’ grades; and more.
The Cengage Learning iLrn integration is available via the Partner Cloud Building Block and works with Blackboard Learn Release 9.1, SP 10 and later.
Cengage Learning iLrn provides a powerful language-teaching environment focused on students' experience and success. Combined with an advanced Blackboard Learn integration, the result is highly accessible and dynamic instructional content. Key features include:
- Deep integration: Single sign-on, class- or chapter-level content links, and gradebook integration allow instructors and students to manage all language learning processes from within Blackboard Learn.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface: Sleek, modern display enables easy selection and sharing of instructional content.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Web-based technology and responsive design ensure a superior experience inside and outside Blackboard Learn.
- Security and privacy: Role-based permissions restrict access to data based on user type and context.
You can access Cengage Learning iLrn in a Blackboard Learn course by going to a content area and selecting Content Market in the Partner Content menu on the action bar. You can also find the tools by selecting Content Market Tools in the Course Tools menu.
When you access iLrn inside Blackboard Learn, log in to your iLrn account or create a new one. You only need to log in one time, because logging into iLrn from Blackboard connects the two accounts through single sign-on. You can also access your iLrn account by visiting the Cengage iLrn site.
Instructors will need a Book Key to identify the materials they have adopted for their course. Students won't need Course Codes, but will need a Book Key to show they have purchased access to the materials. The integration will not eliminate the instructor workflow within the iLrn Instructor Workstation.
Students don't need a MindLink access code to access iLrn through their Blackboard Learn course. They will use the same iLrn PAC that comes in their package. There won't be any deep linking of iLrn activities within Blackboard. Grade return is at the course level/chapter level, not the activity level.