- What is Educator Preview?
- What exactly is Ultra?
- How can I register?
- Does my free trial expire?
- How can I invite students to participate?
- Is Educator Preview mobile friendly? Can I use it with Bb Student?
- Is Educator Preview available in languages other than US English?
- Where can I get help?
- Can I use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in Educator Preview?
- How can I get in touch with someone at Blackboard?
- Where can I share my product improvement idea?
- What is the status of features in Educator Preview?
We can't wait to show you around.
There's a lot to see through the Educator Preview. Of course, we know you want to check out Learn with the Ultra experience, but you can also test the Bb Student app and Collaborate with the Ultra experience. Below are answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Not sure how to begin? Try our Top 10 list of things to try in Educator Preview.
What is Educator Preview?
Educator Preview is an easy way to test and play with the Ultra experience for Blackboard Learn. This is an early release of the Ultra Course - you'll consistently see new workflows over time. Here, you can:
- See a modern, simple user interface that provides quick access to the most critical information faculty and students want and need.
- Play with the both the Original Course View (containing all the features you’re familiar with today) and the new, streamlined Ultra Course View.
- Easily convert existing courses to the Ultra Course View—or create a new course from scratch. You can also invite users (or yourself!) to experience your course from the student perspective.
Remember that we’ll be adding new features and improving existing workflows on a rolling basis, so check back often to see what’s new.
What exactly is Ultra?
Ultra describes the transformation of the user experience in Blackboard Learn. From the moment you log in, you can access whatever you need from the reimagined base navigation to quick access to courses. You have immediate access to core features such as courses, grades, messages, and calendar in fewer steps. And the responsive design allows you to access Learn on a range of mobile devices in addition to your laptop or desktop.
The Ultra experience supports two course views: Original courses and Ultra courses. That means you can offer courses in the style of previous 9.1 versions or as the simple and streamlined Ultra Course View.
Learn with the Ultra experience is only available on a SaaS deployment. If your institution hasn't transitioned, you have the Original experience. You access your courses and institution information with the links in the tabs and modules.
How can I register?
Registration is easy and no commitment is required. It’s free for all! Simply fill out your name, email address, institution, role, and country—and you’ll be on your way!
Does my free trial expire?
No. You get four course shells to play with and use to build content, and they don't expire. You will have two courses in the Original Course View and two courses in the Ultra Course View so that you can experience both. You’ll also get a demo course with exemplary content that demonstrates best practices and the Ultra Course View’s potential.
How can I invite students to participate?
It’s easy. Select Roster from your base navigation and choose invite icon (the + icon in the top right corner.) Add your students’ email addresses, and be sure to separate them with a comma. Feel free to invite yourself so that you can experience the course from a student's perspective. Hit send!
Note: This student invitation workflow only relates to Educator Preview, since this relies on custom code we've added specifically for trial users. In your institution's Learn instance, this option does not appear.
Yes. Blackboard Learn with the Ultra experience is responsively designed, meaning it adjusts to a wide variety of screen sizes for mobile devices, tablets, and laptops or desktops. It also pairs with the Bb Student app, so students can complete course management tasks on their mobile phones. If you want to experiment with Bb Student, follow the steps in this guide. Make sure to create a student account and then access the Bb Student app with that login info.
Is Educator Preview available in languages other than US English?
At this time, the Ultra Experience is available on the Educator Preview site in US English only. We're working on making the Ultra Experience available in more languages.
Where can I get help?
Try one of the following links for help on specific features. Alternatively, you can log in to Educator Preview and select the question mark icon for Help anywhere you see it.
Can I use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in Educator Preview?
We are still working on our Collaborate Ultra integration with Learn Ultra. In the meantime, we've made this outstanding web conferencing tool available to you via LTI integration. This will allow you to explore and experiment with the new Collaborate using your Educator Preview account. In order to make it available in your Ultra course, follow these simple steps:
- Select the + icon on your Course Content page.
- Select Content Market.
- Choose the + icon for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. It will appear in your Course as “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra”.
- Select the three-dot icon and then Edit to change the title. Make it available to students and add a custom description.
- When you actually select the new LTI Collaborate link from your Course Content page, you can choose Create Session or the + icon in the top right header to create new sessions.
- On the New Session panel, you can set the title, date/time, and other settings. Remember, if you use ONLY guest access, it will not pull your students' names into the session.
- Select the Session Settings button on the panel to allow Recording Downloads, Moderator Permissions, and Participant Permissions.
- Once you choose Save, you will see your session(s) listed on the screen.
If you have further questions about Collaborate with the Ultra experience, check out the Collaborate Ultra help pages.
How can I get in touch with someone at Blackboard?
Ready to learn more? Fill out this interest form.
Where can I share my product improvement idea?
Feedback is welcomed and plays a huge part in our product development process! Please submit your ideas at community.blackboard.com/community/ideas (available in English only).
What is the status of features in Educator Preview?
See the summary of currently available features in Educator Preview and their overall status.