If your institution has the Ultra experience, you may be allowed to have a mix of courses in the Ultra Course View and the Original Course View. Choose the course view that works best for each of your courses. Both course views appear seamlessly in your course list.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about the courses list.
The Courses tab contains a list of the courses you're enrolled in or teaching. Your institution can rename any of the tabs.
- Course Search: Students can search for a course, and if allowed, preview the course. Type a keyword or text string in the box, select Go. The results appear on the Browse Course Catalog page.
- Course List: From the list, you can access any course you're enrolled in or teaching.
- Course Catalog: You can search the catalog for courses or organizations. Select a category link or select Browse Course Catalog to begin your search.
If your institution has access to the community engagement features, the organization catalog lists all organizations in categories, such as organization type or semester availability.
Guests are able to browse the catalog and preview courses. Guests don't have access to the entire course. Instructors control if users are allowed to preview a course before enrollment.
Your institution may use a different catalog or no catalog at all.
You can search for courses or organizations with a keyword or a specific category. The links in the catalog display instructor information and an optional course description.
Select View Course Catalog on the gateway page. Or, log in and open the Courses tab or the Community tab to browse the listings.
- Search Catalog: Use the menus to limit the search.
- Go: Search for a course.
- View Textbooks: Select to open a new window and view textbooks for a course.
You use the same steps to hide a course from the Courses tab or from the My Courses module on the My Institution tab.
- Select the Manage icon that appears when you point to the module.
- On the Personalize: My Courses page, locate the row for the course you want to hide and clear the check box in the Course Name column.
- Be sure all check marks are cleared in that course's row.
- Repeat for any courses you want to hide.
- Select Submit.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about the courses tab.
View your courses in a timeline. Easily navigate to past, present, and future courses.
From the list where your name appears first, your course list is available wherever you are in the system. You can return to previous courses to review content, reuse material, and prepare your future courses.
On the Courses page, you can access all of your courses, no matter which course view they're delivered in. The Ultra Course View and the Original Course View appear seamlessly in the list. The Original Course View now appears with a new design, and any previous themes or color selections are overridden.
Each course card lists the course title, instructor, and course ID. Point to a card to access management icons such as the lock. Select the lock icon to change if your course is open and ready for students or remains private while you work on it. Select the Course Description icon to read a description. If this icon doesn't appear, your course doesn't have a description.
Filter your list. Use the Filter By menu to modify your view of the page. Your filtered list stays as you access courses. If you navigate to another page, all courses shows again.
Hide a course. Point to a course card > select the eye icon. Activity for hidden courses no longer appears in the global pages about all your courses, such as Grades.
Show a hidden course. Filter the list by Hidden from me > point to a course card > select Show.
Manage your courses. You can set your courses to these states:
- Open: You can open a course when you're ready for students to participate.
- Private: You can make a course private while you add or experiment with content, and then open it to students when you're ready. Students see private courses in their course lists, but they can't access them.
- Complete: You can choose to set your course to Complete when the course has ended, but you may no longer make changes to it. You can return the course to Open or Private as you want. Students can access the content, but they can't participate in the course any longer. Complete applies to the Ultra Course View only.
- Hide: You can choose to hide a course from your course list to organize your view.