If your institution has the Ultra experience, you may be allowed to have a mix of courses in the Ultra Course View and the Original Course View. Choose the course view that works best for each of your courses. Both course views appear seamlessly in your course list.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about navigating Blackboard Learn.
After you log in, you land on the My Institution tab. Across the top, other tabs might be available to you.
Your interface might have different colors, logos, tabs, tools, and names that are specific to your institution. For example, your institution can rename the My Institution tab to match your institution's name or remove a tab or tool entirely.
- My Blackboard and the user menu are available everywhere in Blackboard Learn and give you a personalized view of your online environment. Access the menus next to your name in the page header. The user menu provides access to all your courses and your personal settings, such as text size and personal information. My Blackboard provides access to due dates, users, and social tools that help you discover, connect, communicate, and collaborate with your Blackboard learning network.
- Tools: The tools available on this page display information from all of your courses. For example, the calendar shows events for all courses.
- Modules: Modules on the My Institution tab collect information from all the courses you teach. Your institution controls which modules appear and if you can add modules.
Use links in the modules to view information and navigate to those areas in your courses. You can collapse individual windows and drag modules to new positions on the page.
Modules you might see:
- My Courses: Access the courses you teach.
- My Announcements: Displays announcements for courses and from your institution. Announcements communicate important, time-sensitive information.
- My Tasks: Displays tasks you've added for your students. You can add personal tasks when you access tasks from Tools.
- Add Module: Select to view the list of available modules, such as a dictionary, report card, and notes. Descriptions are provided in the list so that you can choose the most significant. Your institution controls if you're allowed to add modules.
- Personalize Page: Change the color scheme of the page. Your institution controls if you're allowed to personalize the page.
You may have access to other tabs that contain modules. For example, if your institution has access to the content management features, you have the Content Collection tab. Institutions that have access to the community engagement features can create custom tabs and present different tabs to users based on roles.
This video explains how to organize your My Institution tab, and add and remove modules.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about navigating Blackboard Learn.
Based on settings your institution makes, you may be allowed to have a mix of courses in the Ultra Course View and the Original Course View. Both course views appear seamlessly in your course list. Choose the course view that works best for each of your courses.
From the moment you log in, you have access to core features in the list where your name appear first. You can easily return to the list from wherever you are—even if you're in a course. The list peeks from behind the other layers you have open. The activity stream is the first page you see when you log in. The stream displays all the action in all your courses.
When you select any link from the list, you see a global view across all your courses. For example, Grades shows all your grading tasks organized by course. No need to navigate to each course to see what's ready for grading.
The Ultra experience will look the same at every institution, including yours.
Oh, the places you'll go!
Profile: Make changes to your online persona.
Activity stream: See up-to-the-minute action for all of your courses.
Courses: Navigate to past, present, and future courses.
Organizations: Access the organizations that you lead or are a member of.
Calendar: View course events and due dates for all your courses.
Messages: View and send messages in all of your Ultra courses.
Grades: See what needs grading across all your courses.
Tools: Access global functions that are outside of your courses such as portfolios or the Content Collection.