This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your institution controls which tools are available.
You can create an extra credit column in the Grade Center that is included in the total computation and has a maximum score of 0. Then, you can assign extra credit points as needed.
Example: Columns in the Grade Center
- In the Grade Center, select Create Column.
- On the Create Grade Column page, provide the appropriate information.
- Select Score from the Primary Display menu.
- Select Percentage from the Secondary Display menu.
- For Points Possible, type 0.
- Select Yes for Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations.
- Select Submit.
The extra credit column appears in the Grade Center. After adding points in an extra credit column, a student's total points can equal more than 100 percent. If a student receives full credit for all gradable items (100 points) and also receives 6 extra credit points, the result is 106 out or 100 or 106%.