This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your institution controls which tools are available.
Announcements are an ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success, such as:
- Due dates for assignments and projects.
- Changes to your syllabus.
- Corrections/clarifications of materials.
- Exam schedules.
You can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. When you add an announcement, you can also send it as an email to students in your course. This way, students receive the announcement even if they don't log in to your course.
Watch a video about announcements
This video explains how to create an announcement in Blackboard Learn.
Announcements appear in the order they are posted, with the most recent announcements appearing first.
- On the Control Panel, go to Course Tools > Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement on the action bar.
- Type a Subject. This is the title of the announcement on the Announcements page.
- Type your message.
- In the Web Announcements Options section, choose to restrict the announcement by date or not.
- If you choose Not Date Restricted, the announcement is visible until you remove it.
- If you choose Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Enter the date and time restriction settings.
- Select the Email Announcement check box to send students an email containing the announcement. The email is sent to all students, even those who choose not to receive announcement notifications through email. Your institution controls if this option is available.
- Optionally, in the Course Link section, select Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item.
Links to course content won't appear in the email announcement, if you choose to send one.
- Select Submit.
On the Announcement page, there is a bar that you can reposition to prioritize your announcements. Reorder announcements by dragging the bar or announcements to a new position on the page. Move priority announcements above the bar to pin them to the top of the list and prevent new announcements from superseding them.
Students will see announcements in the order you choose. Students do not see the bar and cannot reorder announcements.