If a student was unable to submit a test but completed the work, you can submit the attempt so that you can grade it.
- In the Grade Center, locate the cell that displays the In Progress icon.
- Access the cell's menu and select View Grade Details.
- On the Grade Details page, select View Attempt.
- Be sure the answers were saved.
If multiple questions are marked with No Answer, you can clear the attempt. The student needs to take the test again.
- Select Test Information to expand the section.
- If you're satisfied with the student's test attempt, select Submit Attempt.
- Select OK to confirm the attempt submission.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about clearing attempts.
If a student experiences a technical problem or needs an additional attempt, you can clear the test attempt. The submission is cleared from the Grade Center and the student can retake the test.
- Access the Test Information section as detailed in the previous section.
- On the Grade Details page, select Clear Attempt.
- Select OK to confirm and remove the attempt.
- On the Grade History tab, the action is recorded with "Attempt Grade Cleared." In the Grade Center, no grade or icon appears in the student's test cell.
Instructors and other users who are granted permission can view a test attempt's Access Log for a list of times of various student interactions with the test. The log can help to confirm whether a student began a test or ran into problems during a test.
Access logs aren't currently available for mobile-compatible tests that students submit in the Mobile Learn app.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Grade Center section and select Tests.
- Locate the cell for the student’s test that you want to investigate.
The cell must contain either a grade or the Needs Grading icon for an access log to be generated. If you submitted the test for the student, an access log isn't generated unless the student selected Save All Answers.
- Access the cell's menu and select Attempt.
- On the Grade Test page, expand the Test Information section.
- Select Access Log.
The Access Log shows a detailed list of all the interactions a student had with the test for that attempt. The log shows the time the test was started, when each question was saved, and when it was submitted.
You might interpret an unusual gap in activity as a connectivity problem if the student claims to have had one. However, the system can't determine what caused the time gap. The system can only show that the time gap occurred.
Be aware that the time spent on a question may include the time that the student spent looking at other questions before saving that answer.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about clearing attempts.
If a student experiences a technical problem or needs an additional attempt, you can clear the test attempt. The submission is cleared from the gradebook and the student can retake the test.
On the student's submission page, select the More options icon to expand the options and select Delete.