This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your instructor and institution control which tools are available.
You can only submit a SafeAssignment once. If you want to edit, delete, or resubmit a SafeAssignment, contact your instructor and request that they clear your first submission. Please note that there is a file size limit of 10MB. If your submission is larger than 10MB, SafeAssign won't be able to process it.
- On the course menu, select the link where SafeAssignment is located, for example, Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, look for the SafeAssignment and select View/Complete.
- On the Upload SafeAssignment page, optionally, type your comments in the Comment box.
- Browse to select a file to attach as your submission.
- Optionally, select the Global Reference Database check box to upload your paper to the Global Reference Database.
- Select Submit.
After you submit SafeAssignments, a slight delay occurs between the upload and the availability of the SafeAssign report. Results are normally available within 10-15 minutes.
In Learn 9.1 SP 13 and earlier, ensure your browser's cookies are enabled before you select Submit. If they aren't, you will receive an error indicating either you aren't logged in, your session has timed out or you don't have appropriate privileges. (In Learn 9.1 SP 14, you won't even be able to navigate to the Assignments page if your browser cookies aren't already enabled.)
View your submissions and the SafeAssign reports associated with it by accessing the SafeAssignment after you submit your paper. This option is available only if allowed by your instructor.
- Return to the assignment link in the content area that holds the SafeAssignment, for example, the Assignments content area.
- On the Assignments page, look for the SafeAssignment and select View/Complete. You will find this information:
- Assignment Information: This section displays the name of the SafeAssignment and its description.
- Submitted Work: This section provides this information:
- Text: Select this option to view your paper and comments.
- File: Select this option to download the submission.
- Matching: The percentage listed is the percentage of your paper that matches other sources. Read the full report to determine if the matching is properly attributed.
- SA Report: Select this option to view the full SafeAssign report.
- View Grade: This section lists the grade given by your instructor.
- Instructor's Feedback: This section lists any feedback, and provides links to open or download any files attached by your instructor.