- What is guaranteed buyback?
- Where to sell back your books
- Selling back textbooks you did not buy from the Blackboard Store
- Tips for sending in your textbooks
- Is my buyback shipment insured?
- Used textbook requirements
- Rejected textbooks
- Including all supplementary items
- International and teacher's editions
This information applies only to the Original experience. Your instructor and institution control which tools are available.
All over the Blackboard Store, thousands of best-selling textbooks are marked Guaranteed Buyback. When you buy a Guaranteed Buyback textbook and sell it back to us in good condition at the end of the semester, you’re guaranteed to get the quoted value given at the time the order was placed.
Some benefits of Guaranteed Buyback include:
- Guaranteed buyback amounts on many titles
- Pre-paid shipping label provided
- Payment by check or directly into PayPal account
- Buyback quote guaranteed for 30 days
Under the Sell Your Books tab, you can access the Buyback page.
Books that you have purchased from the Blackboard Store that are eligible for buyback will automatically appear. Select the green plus sign to add the books you want to sell back to your offer.
You can also see purchased items that are eligible for buyback in the Books to Sell section of your Bookshelf.
You can sell back textbooks that you did not buy from the Blackboard Store. There are two places to add books to your buyback offer.
- Under the Sell Your Books tab, type the ISBN of each book in the Add Books text field.
- Under the Blackboard Bookshelf tab, type the ISBN of each book under Books to Sell.
- Pack your textbook shipment carefully. We are not responsible for any damage incurred during transit. Use a sturdy box suitable for shipping and tape it up securely. Blackboard Store™ is not responsible for books that are lost or damaged in transit.
- Include a copy of your quote. Including your quote with your shipment will speed up processing and get you your cash back faster.
- Write down the tracking number. There's a tracking number on your prepaid UPS shipping label.
The prepaid UPS shipping label from the Blackboard Store does not include insurance, and UPS does not allow customers to add separate insurance to prepaid labels. Therefore, if you want to insure your shipment, you will need to purchase a shipping method that is insured from the shipper of your choice.
To receive full credit for a used textbook you're selling to the Blackboard Store, it must meet all of the following criteria:
- The textbook must be in good condition.
- All supplementary items (CDs/DVDs, study guides, etc.) listed on the quote must be included.
- The textbook cannot be an international or teacher's edition.
What is "good condition"?
Before you sell a textbook, please inspect it to make sure that it's in good condition. Though it may display minor signs of wear and tear, a textbook in "good condition" is always free from:
- Water damage
- Missing, loose, or torn pages/cover
- Excessive writing
- Broken spine
- Torn or damaged binding
- Any other significant damage or disfigurement
A textbook can still be in good condition if it shows regular signs of use, such as:
- Some writing
- Highlighting (from a little to a lot)
- Rounded or dog-eared corners
- Minor scrapes or scratches
- Faded cover art
- Creased pages
Decisions regarding the condition of textbooks rest solely with the Blackboard Store™. All decisions are final. If we receive your textbook and decide that it doesn't meet our quality standards, we will notify you via email that you will not be compensated for that book.
At this point, you can choose to have your textbook shipped back to you - at your expense. Shipping costs for disqualified textbooks will not be covered by Blackboard Store™. If you opt not to reclaim your textbook, it will be recycled responsibly.
Textbooks returned without their original CDs/DVDs, study guides, workbooks, or other supplemental items listed on the quote are not eligible for full credit. Some items may have no value if the listed components are missing. If your textbook has no value because it is missing supplementary items, we'll notify you via email that you will not be compensated for that book.
At this point, you can choose to have your textbook shipped back to you - at your expense. Shipping costs for disqualified textbooks will not be covered by the Blackboard Store™. If you opt not to reclaim your textbook, it will be recycled responsibly.