Blackboard Collaborate™ voice authoring tools enable your instructors to add voice messaging components to course content, making the content engaging and effective. Instructors can also make these tools available to you.
- Voice Email: Send emails containing voice messages to others in your course to add the emotion, mood, and inflection of your voice into email messages.
- Voice Board: Participate in voice-based, threaded online discussions in your course through voice boards.
- Voice Presentation: Watch interactive presentations that blend voice, text and web pages in a single presentation.
- Voice Podcaster: Subscribe to your instructor's podcasts.
- Voice Authoring Mashups: Add audio recordings to your assignments and voice boards posts.
Record a message
Use the recording applet to create voice messages.
- For the best quality recording, adjust your microphone before you begin.
- In the option menu, located in the upper-right corner of the applet, select Audio Input, followed by the device of your choice.
- Select Audio Filters. Auto Gain Control normalizes your voice and Noise Reduction minimizes background noise. By default, the two filters are enabled, but you can disable them if you'd like.
- Use the record, pause, and stop controls to record your message.
- You can rewind or fast-forward to a particular point in the message during playback or while a message is paused.
- Select play to review your message. If you want to re-record it, select record.
The way others listen to a voice messages in your content depends on which tool the message is in. For most tools, users will listen through the playback applet. For mashups, users can select the play button to listen to the message.
Listen to a message
Use the playback applet to listen to voice messages.
- Select your audio output device.
- Select the option menu, located in the upper-right corner of the applet, and select Audio Output, followed by the device of your choice.
- Use the play, pause, and stop controls in the playback applet to listen to voice messages.
- You can rewind or fast-forward to a particular point in the message during playback or while a message is paused. Select and hold the tracker shuttle and drag it to a new position.