Add your recorded messages to course content with voice authoring mashups. You can add voice authoring mashups directly to your content area or embed them in any course content that makes use of the content editor, such as a blank page, an item, an email, a discussion board, a journal, a test or an announcement.
Add a Voice Authoring mashup
If your discussion or assignment uses the editor, and your instructor enabled voice authoring mashups for this course, you can add embed a voice message in your discussion post or assignment.
- In the editor, type the text you want to include with your voice message.
Blackboard recommends that you type and edit content before you add a voice authoring message. If you move the mashup icon, or edit text on either side of it, you may break the link to the voice authoring playback applet.
- Point your cursor to where you want to add a play button for your voice message.
- Select Mashups > Blackboard Collaborate Voice Authoring. The Voice Authoring page opens in a new browser window or tab.
If the editor is in simple mode, you will not see the Mashups function. Select the show more function—represented by a double chevron in the top right corner of the editor—to access the Mashups function.
- Type a title for your voice authoring mashup.
- Record your message.
- Select Submit.
- To listen to the voice message in your content, others simply select the Play button that appears in your mashup.