This information applies only to the Original Course View. Your institution controls whether these tools are available.
Use virtual classroom tools to view the course map, use the whiteboard, access websites, chat, and ask questions.
Classroom tools appear on the left side of the virtual classroom window. Select the name of the tool to begin using it.
In the virtual classroom, use the course map to browse the course using the available functions:
- Display a map element to all users by selecting a content area in the map and select Display to Users in the list. Select Go.
- Display a map element in a separate window by selecting a content area in the map and then select Preview in New Window. Select Go. The new window appears only to the user who opens it.
- Refresh the map during a collaboration session by selecting Refresh Tree. Select Go. The map updates to match the course menu.
Use the tools palette to present different types of information. You can draw images, type text, and present equations. Your instructor determines whether these functions are available.
The following table details the tools available for use on the whiteboard.
|Select an item||Select the Arrow tool and select an item for selection. You can perform the following options on selected items: |
|Draw free hand||Select the Pen tool. In the Fill Color drop-down list, choose the color of the pen.|
|Type text using the keyboard||Select the text tool (T) and select the whiteboard area. A Whiteboard Text Input box appears. Type text in the box and select Insert. Use the options in the tools palette to select color, font, and size.|
|Draw a straight line||Select the Line tool.|
|Draw a square||Select the Square tool. In the Fill Color drop-down list, choose the color of the square.|
|Draw a circle||Select the Oval tool. In the Fill Color drop-down list, choose the color of the circle.|
|Input an equation||Select the equation icon. The equation editor appears. Input the equation and select Insert Equation.|
Use the group browser to collaboratively browse the web. This tool opens a browser window that all users can view. If you are recording the session, the URLs will be documented. Your instructor determines whether this function is made available to users.
Display a website
- Type the URL in the Enter Address box. Select Go.
- Select Display to Users to display a website in the whiteboard. You can also select Preview in New Window to open a website in a new browser window. The preview window appears only to the user who opened it.
If allowed by your instructor, you can ask questions during a session. Your instructor can view and respond to questions as you submit them.
- In the Ask Question area, select Compose.
- In the Submit Question window, type your question.
- Select Send.
Questions are sent to the Question Inbox during a virtual classroom session. The Question Inbox is used to manage and respond to questions during a collaboration session.
- View unanswered questions by checking the Show unanswered only box.
- To respond to a question, select a username in the From list. Select the Respond to Question icon and type your message. Select the Private check box to send your response privately. Select Send when you're done.
- Delete a question by selecting a username in the From list and then selecting the Delete icon.