This guide describes the key features that are available in Blackboard Mobile Learn™ for students and instructors using ANGEL 8.0+ on Apple and Android devices. These features extend learning and engagement into spaces where there wouldn’t normally be the opportunity — giving students and teachers instant access to their course content anywhere.
The Mobile Learn app is not intended to replace the ANGEL environment. Rather, it is meant to complement it with the enhancement of key features that translate best to a mobile device.
Mobile Learn supports these operating systems:
- iOS 6 and higher - iOS compatible devices include iPhone 3GS+, iPad2+, iPad Mini, and iPod Touch 4+.
- Android OS 2.3 and higher.
The following features are available in the app on both platforms.
Instructors can post announcements on the go.
Students can view the latest news from instructors.
Students can view grades and feedback from instructors.
Grade Center functionality for instructors is not a supported feature of Mobile Learn. To access the Grade Center on your mobile device, log in to your institution's Blackboard site through your device's browser (Safari or iOS). The best way to view grades is in Screen Reader Mode, not Interactive Mode.
View Team and Personal Discussions.
View threads within forums.
Reply to discussion threads.
Attach files from your Dropbox or your device's local file system. Note: iOS users can only attach photos and videos.
View Files - view text and presentation file types including DOC, DOCX, PDF, PPT, PPTX, and more.
View Media - view image and video file types including JPEG, GIF, PNG, MP4, MOV, and more depending on device capabilities.
Play Audio - listen to audio file types such as MP3.
Post Content - instructors can upload and post content items to courses through Dropbox or their device's local file system.
Students cannot submit Assignments through Mobile Learn.
View tasks by priority and due date as they are assigned by your instructor.
Update task status - mark tasks as In Progress or Complete as you work through them.
Browse information for your group including announcements, content, roster, discussions, teams, and more.
View your Dashboard for new course activity including announcements, new content items, assessments, and grades.
Available for iOS and Android.
View everyone who is enrolled in your course.
- Favorite your most used course content, discussion threads, grades, and more for easy access and quick viewing at the top of your course menu.
- Personalize your course list by hiding, coloring, and reordering your courses.
- Rich content - text enhancement styles are available in specific areas of the app, including bold, italics, underline, bullets, block quotes, and links.
- Unread counts - quickly see how many new items are in your courses, such as unread discussion posts, content items, grades, and more.