We're delighted to announce that the next Moodlerooms release is December 29, 2015. Here's everything you need to know about the release.
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It will include high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recording of our customer webinar.
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team.
- November 11th: Announcement of new release and schedule of communications and updates.
- December 1st: Reminder of release and schedule. Link to webinar recording.
- December 21st: Reminder of release and link to the webinar recording.
- December 29th: Confirmation the release is complete.
New Release On Non-Production (Sandbox) Sites
December 1st, 8 AM – 5 PM EST
New Release on Production Sites
- North America, Central America, and South America excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA data center) - Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Time zones: December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM EDT
- Central Time zone: December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Time zones: December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM PDT
- EMEA (Amsterdam, NL data center): December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore data center): December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): December 28th at 11pm - December 29th at 5 AM AEST
- Brazil (São Paulo data center): December 28th at 11 PM - December 29th at 5 AM BGT
We are excited to introduce X-Ray Learning Analytics, Office 365TM, and the new Moodlerooms help site!
Check out our overview of the release in the following recording.
English and Spanish closed captioning of this webinar are available in YouTube™. In YouTube select More and Transcripts.
X-Ray Learning Analytics
X-Ray is an integration that provides teachers with deep insight into learning behavior. It identifies important trends that affect learner success and provides the information to teachers in meaningful ways at the right time.
- Student risk assessments
- Information on student activity in a course
- Data on how students are doing on their graded activities
- Insight into the critical thinking and interaction of students in course discussions
With X-Ray Learning Analytics teachers can address issues in their Moodlerooms courses before it's too late.
X-Ray is only available in English and Spanish at this time.
X-ray Learning Analytics is an add-on product to Moodlerooms. Talk to your account executive or engagement manager about buying it for your organization.
You can add the Office 365 plugin to Moodlerooms. Office 365 services complement Moodlerooms to provide a more productive experience for teachers and students. The Office 365 plugin set provides integration with Word® Online, OneDrive® for business, and the Outlook® calendar.
We are moving Moodlerooms help to help.blackboard.com. With help.blackboard.com you can:
- View and search help on your mobile devices
- Enjoy simplified navigation
- Enjoy enhanced search capability
- Find help for all Blackboard products in one place
- View help in English and Spanish
In this release, we focused on the following.
- Moodle Core 2.9 Upgrade: With this upgrade, we are including streamlined navigation, useful improvements to activities such as Lesson and Quiz, and new admin settings which refine the course management process. To learn more, see Upgrade to Moodle Core 2.9.3 in the release notes.
- Mahara 15 Upgrade: We are taking advantage of the new features in Mahara 15 eportfolio assignment plugin. To learn more, see Mahara 15 Upgrade in the release notes.
- Community Plugin Upgrades: We are keeping the community plugins up-to-date with the latest community versions. To learn more, see Plugin Reviews and Updates in the release notes.
- Snap Improvements: We've made it easier to move resources, activities, and sections within your courses. Learners can also view new forum posts that are important to them within the menu improving their engagement within courses. To learn more, see Snap Improvements in the release notes.
Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.