We're delighted to announce that the next Moodlerooms release is December 29, 2016.
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It is a living document that includes high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recordings of our customer webinars.
Moodlerooms 3.1 overview video
Territory Moot Webinars
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team.
Check back for an overview of Moodlerooms 3.1 coming soon.
To help you prepare for the release, we will be hosting a series of “Territory Moots” (webinars) over the next few weeks. Invites to the Moots led by your immediate client engagement manager have already been sent out. However, if you would like to attend another Moot that offers better availability, please feel free to do so. Please access one of the following links shortly before the time zone specified to attend the session. To help convert these times specified to your local time zone, please use this time converter.
- US: Territory 1, 2 and 3 Wednesday, November 30th @ 1:00 p.m. EST
- Europe: Wednesday, November 30th @ 2:00 p.m. GMT
- Latin America: Wednesday, November 30th @ 10:00 a.m. COT
- APAC: Please see our APAC 2016 webinar page that will be updated with more information about the Territory Moots. New EM Intro, 3.1 upgrade, grading & reports, X-Ray Wed 7 Dec @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm ACDT
New release on non-production (sandbox) sites
- November 29, 9 AM – 5 PM EST
New release on production sites
- North America, Central America, and South America excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM EDT
- Central time zone: December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific time zones: December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM PDT
- EMEA (Amsterdam, NL data center): December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore data center): December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM AEST
- Brazil (São Paulo data center): December 29th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM BGT
In this release, we focused on the following.
- Moodle Core 3.1 Upgrade:
- Competency-based education (CBE)
- Assignment enhancements
- Recycle bin
- Publish as Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) tool
- Mahara Update 16.04:
- Open badges display support
- HTML5-based media player
- Easier tagging
- Rating style
- Embed.ly support
- Moodlerooms 3.1 and Blackboard Enhancements:
- Snap improvements
- Completion tracking enhancements
- Advanced forum improvements
- New plugins
Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.