All Moodle sites are configured to work with two types of language packs:
Community version – These include translations of core Moodle, along with a limited amount of third party plugins. The site administrator must download these and install them on the site.
Moodlerooms version – These include professional translations of Moodlerooms components, along with some changes to Moodle and third party plugins. These language packs come pre-installed on all Moodlerooms sites, but they are hidden from users by default.
These are available languages and their codes.
- Traditional Chinese: zh_tw
- Czech: cs
- Dutch: nl
- English: en
- Finnish: fi
- French: fr
- German: de
- Italian: it
- Japanese: ja
- Polish: pl
- Brazilian Portuguese: pt_br
- International Spanish: es
Configure the preferred language choices for users
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Language > Language settings
- From Site administration select Language and Language settings.
- Select which language choices to show:
- To show all available language choices to users, delete any codes that appear in Languages on language menu box. This allows your users to select from a list of all the pre-installed language pack choices that appear in the Preferred language menu.
- To limit the number of language choices available to users, enter the corresponding comma-separated language code in the Languages on language menu box. This requires your users to select from a specific list of Preferred languages, determined by the codes entered in the box.
- See the available language codes
- Choose a Default language from the menu. Users can override this using the Preferred language option when editing their personal profile.
- Select Save Changes.