You can manually run backups or set them to run automatically.
Manage automated course backups
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Courses > Backups
The Course Backups page enables administrators to configure automated course backups and a backup schedule.
- From Site administration select Courses and Backups.
- Select Automated backup setup.
- Set the Active option for the Automated backup setup to Enabled.
- Select whether or not to Skip Non-Accessed Courses.
Check the box to skip courses that have not been accessed or received enrollments since the previous backup.
- Determine when, where, and how many backups should be processed and stored.
Unless there is a path directory for the archives, the courses get saved within the courses themselves. If the course is accidentally delete, the backup is deleted.
Often, clients who are saving archives to a single path, will create an SFTP script to download the contents of that directory to a local destination for additional safe-keeping.
- Select the days for the backups in the Schedule area.
- Set the time for the backups in the Execute at area.
- Set the location for the backups in the Automatic backup storage and Save to areas.
- Set the number of backups to retain in the Keep area.
- Check Use course name in backup filename.
This setting includes the course name for easier searching.
- Select whether or not to Skip hidden courses.
Check the box to skip courses that have been marked as hidden.
- Select where or not to Skip courses not modified since a specific number of selected days.
Select the number of days.
- Select whether or not to Skip courses not modified since the previous backup.
Check the box to skip courses that have not changed.
- Complete the Automatic backup settings that Blackboard recommends:
- Check Include users.
- Check Include role assignments.
- Check Include activities.
- Check Include blocks.
- Check Include filters.
- Check Include comments.
- Check Include badges.
- Check Include user completion information.
- Check Include logs.
- Check Include histories.
- Check Include question bank.
- Select Save changes.