An SFTP account provides you access to the site servers to upload large files for transfer to your site. This method encrypts data that passes between client and server computers, and greatly enhances security.
To connect, you need software that supports SFTP. The following are a few recommended SFTP programs:
- Windows OS: FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org/), WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php), Putty SFTP
- Max OS X: FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org/)
- Linux: FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org/)
Watch a Tutorial
Setup the Course Conversion SFTP
- Install SFTP software.
- Launch the application.
- Select New session.
- Enter the session information - Host, Port number, Username, and Password.
- Set the Protocol to use as SFTP.
- Submit the information.
Select Save and Exit (FileZilla), Open (Putty), or Login (FileZilla) button.
The setup is complete. Now, you are ready to batch upload courses for conversion.