Add the Course Converter block
- On the site's homepage, select Turn editing on.
- In the Add a Block menu, select Course Converter.
The Course Converter block is available on your site.
Upload your LMS files
- From the Course Converter block, select Manage Files.
- In the Upload a file for converting area, select Choose a file to search for a File to upload.
You can also drag and drop the files in the File to upload box.
- In Upload a file, select Choose File, select the location of the file, and select Upload this File.
- Select Save changes.
The files are uploaded and appear in the Uploaded files area in alphabetical order.
Convert the LMS file to the Moodle 1.9 format
After you have uploaded the LMS course backup files, you can convert the LMS course backups to Moodle 1.9 course backups using the Convert tab.
- From the Course Converter block, select Convert.
- Select the LMS used for the files from the Converter menu.
- Select the Moodle 1.9 course format to convert to in the Format menu.
Depending on the Converter selected, options include Folder View format, Weekly View format, or Topics View format.
- Select the LMS course backup files to convert.
For clients who are uploading files from several LMS systems or different versions of an LMS, make sure that the LMS course backup files are named to identify the LMS and version. The Convert tab only allows the selection of one LMS and version to convert from at a time and the tool will try to convert any file selected, even if it is from a different LMS or an incompatible version.
- After you answered all the questions concerning the conversion, click Convert.
The conversion process starts. Watch the progress of each file's conversion on screen.
After you convert the LMS content to Moodle 1.9, you need to convert format 1.9 to 2.0. To learn more, see Convert Moodle 1.9 to 2.0.
The Manage converted files tab allows the site administrator to manage all of the Moodle 1.9 course backup files that have been converted. From here you can delete or restore any converted LMS file.