What is the Mobile theme?
Your institution can set mobile devices, such as mobile phones and tablets, to a specific theme, that may be different to the theme you select for your course page. Mobile devices can be set to be forced to the Snap theme, the Express theme, or another theme your institution designed just for mobile devices.
There are no additional steps for you to select a specific theme for mobile devices. The administrator for your institution will configure the setting.
Review your course pages on your mobile devices to ensure the best quality for your students.
Use the Mobile theme
The Moodlerooms Mobile theme allows you and your students to access courses and use most of Moodlerooms features from mobile device browsers without a dedicated app. Once enabled for a site/course users can view activities, course materials, submit forum posts, assignments and quizzes and more.
The Mobile theme was designed to allow student access to their courses from mobile devices to view and communicate within a course. We recommend actions like creating content, grading, and course design still be done on a computer.
Navigate to your course URL on your mobile browser and log in using your username and password just like you would on a computer. Refer to your mobile device manual if you need assistance with mobile browsing.
Things to note:
- In general, items that take up a lot of space on the screen, such as Calendar and Messages are moved to buttons that open the item in a full page view.
- A Jump menu allows you to quickly navigate to areas in the course.
- Menus such as Blocks, Administration, and Navigation are moved to buttons at the top of the page that open pages with the corresponding choices.
- Links are bold colored text that will take you to a destination. For example, Linear Inequalities Assignment Dropbox will take you to that assignment.
- At the bottom of every page you should see a button labeled Up that will take you to the top of a page when pressed.