Collaborate on the web.
A Wiki activity is a web page everyone in your class can create together, right in the browser, without needing to know HTML. A wiki starts with one front page. Each author can add other pages to the wiki by simply creating a link to a page that doesn't exist yet.
Add a wiki
Steps in Snap: Create learning activity or resource > Wiki > Add
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Add an activity or resource > Wiki > Add
- Type a meaningful name for the wiki.
- Select whether the wiki will be Collaborative or Individual from the Wiki mode.
When set to collaborate, only one will be available for everyone to edit. When set to individual, separate wikis will be created for each student.
- Type the name of the first page in the wiki.
- Type a description for the wiki. Determine whether or not to display the description on the course page.
- Set the Default format:
- HTML: For the HTML editor.
- Creole: A common wiki markup language for which a small edit toolbar is available.
- NWiki: Mediawiki like markup language used in the contributed Nwiki module.
- Enable Force format to force the format you choose or let others choose the format when editing the wiki.
- Set the following optional items:
- Click Save and return to course to show the course main page or Save and display to show the new wiki.
Determine wiki completion
Steps in Snap: Wiki > Edit > Activity completion
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Wiki> Edit > Edit Settings > Activity completion
You can determine to mark the wiki activity as completed.
- Completion tracking: Options include Do not indicate activity completion, Students can manually mark the activity as completed, and Show activity as complete when conditions are met.
- Student must view this activity to complete it: When the Completion tracking is set to Show activity as complete when conditions are met, this option will be available. Determine if the activity will be marked as complete after the student views the wiki.
- Expect completed on: Enable this feature and set a date for when it is expected participants will be marked as completed.