You can set Activity completion options when you create or edit an activity. Activity completion works with course completion. With it you can allow students to set their progress in a course or automatically update progress in a course based on conditions for activities.
Set Activity completion on activities
Steps in Snap: Create or edit an activity > Activity completion
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Create or edit an activity > Activity completion
You must turn tracking on for your course to use activity completion.
- Completion tracking: If enabled, activity completion is tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions. Multiple conditions may be set if desired. The resource or activity is considered complete only when ALL conditions are met. A check next to the activity name on the course page indicates that the activity is complete.
- Require view: If enabled, the resource or activity is considered complete when a student views the resource.
- Expect completed on: This setting specifies the date when the resource or activity is expected to be completed. The date is not shown to students and is only displayed in the activity completion report. Check this option to enable and set a date.
Discussions have additional activity completion settings:
- Require posts: Student must post discussions or replies.
- Require discussions: Student must create a certain number of discussions before the forum is considered complete.
- Require replies: Student must post a certain number of replies before the forum is considered complete.
Steps in Snap: Admin > Edit settings > Completion tracking > Yes
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Administration > Course administration > Edit Settings > Completion tracking > Yes
Activity completion requires that a course have completion tracking enabled before these settings will appear for a resource.
View the Activity completion report
Course administration > Reports > Activity completion
The report displays the name of participants and the activities in which Completion tracking has been enabled. Point your cursor over the checkmarks to see the date of completion.
More on activity completion on the Moodle website (may be available in English only)