Name: Blackboard Planner 1.2 released in Bb Student 2.9.2
Date Released: December 22, 2016
Minimum learn version
Blackboard Learn 9.1 versions Q4 2015, Q2 2016, Q4 2016, or Learn SaaS
Blackboard Planner is a tool within the Bb Student mobile app that helps students map out their academic pathways.
- Discover careers and majors based on interests
- Make informed decisions with location-based labor data, salary information, and job trends
- Learn about careers first-hand through rich videos
- Communicate with advisors easily
For students at your school to use Bb Student with Planner, your school must purchase an additional license for Planner and be on a mobile solution bundle.
See the Bb Student release notes about installing the Mobile Web Services building block and the Bb Student app.
Markets and verticals
Blackboard Planner is currently available in North America to NAHE clients for iOS and Android.
Improvements in this release
Various improvements and bug fixes were implemented for iOS and Android.
- Career descriptions are provided.
Blackboard Planner enables students to explore careers in these ways.
- Discover and explore careers, majors, and skills personalized to selected interests.
- Select interests and share feelings about majors and loans.
- See labor demand and trends for careers, majors, and skills based on location.
- View salary information occupations and majors.
- Learn about careers first-hand through rich video interviews.
- Review real job listings in the disciplines they are exploring.
- Communicate with advisors by email and phone.
At this time, Planner is available in English only.
Students can follow these steps to download and install the Bb Student app.
- From your device, access the appropriate online store.
- Search for Bb Student.
- Install the app on your mobile device.
- Open Bb Student and search for the full name of your institution.
If you’re unable to find your institution, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer.
If you have questions about this release, please reach out to our Client Support team on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only) or @BbMobileSupport on Twitter (available in English only).
Email Support (available in English only)
@BbMobileSupport on Twitter (available in English only)
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
Windows Store and Windows Phone are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.