Name: Blackboard Planner 1.0
Date Released: October 3, 2016
Minimum learn version
Blackboard Learn 9.1 versions October 2014, Q4 2015, Q2 2016, or Learn SaaS
Blackboard Planner is a tool within the Bb Student mobile app that helps students map out their academic pathways.
- Discover careers and majors based on interests
- Make informed decisions with real labor data and job trends
- Learn about careers first-hand through rich videos
- Communicate with advisors easily
The Mobile Web Services building block and the Bb Student mobile app are required to use Planner.
See the Bb Student release notes for specifics about the building block and the app.
Markets and verticals
Blackboard Planner is currently available in North America to NAHE clients for iOS and Android.
Blackboard Planner enables students to explore careers in these ways.
- Select interests and share feelings about majors and loans.
- Discover and explore careers, majors, and skills personalized to selected interests.
- See labor demand and trends for careers, majors, and skills.
- Learn about careers first-hand through rich video interviews.
- Review real job listings in the disciplines they are exploring.
- Communicate with advisors by email and phone.
At this time, Planner is available in English only.
Students can follow these steps to download and install the Bb Student app.
- From your device, access the appropriate online store.
- Search for Bb Student.
- Install the app on your mobile device.
- Open Bb Student and search for the full name of your institution.
If you’re unable to find your institution, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer.
If you have questions about this release, please reach out to our Client Support team on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only) or @BbMobileSupport on Twitter (available in English only).
Email Support (available in English only)
@BbMobileSupport on Twitter (available in English only)