You can schedule the enrollment data pull from the DataLink Client Tool and push the information into Blackboard Learn.
When setting up the data extraction schedule, you can set the times as well as validation rules and data mapping for different records. You must schedule each data pull.
Review the DataLink Integration Guide for full data mapping details.
- From the SIS Central landing page, click Add Schedule to set up the Enrollment schedule for your institution.
- In Schedule Settings, select Enrollment for the Data Set Type to pull courses, students, staff, and roles from DataLink to Blackboard Learn.
Courses created by the integration are not automatically available to students. This allows the instructor to add content and work with their institution to determine when to make the course available to students.
- In Schedule Settings, select the data pull schedule:
- Select the Run Days when to pull the data.
- Select the Start Time for the data pull.
- In Validation Rules, select how to manage deleted or invalid records.
- Click Data Mappings to change the mapped fields manually. The system automatically maps your data, however, you can can update the mappings for the records.
- Click Preview Mapping to review a summary of the Enrollment data for users, courses, and memberships. Close the preview.
- When you are finished, click Save.
When the data pull occurs, you can review the results in the Extraction Log tab.